If you want to offer extra items for purchase onto your rental booking such as tubes, life jackets, or GoPro cameras, then you can set this up easily in WebReserv using Custom Fields.
To create an optional add-on, navigate to Setup - Custom Fields. Select the button Add new custom field.
Choose the List custom field option. This will allow you to create options via a drop down menu.
On the Setup page:
1. Add Name & Description:
2. In the Options box, you'll create your choices (drop down menu). To do this, add one choice per line, usually starting with the 'opt out' choice ("No" or "No, thank you") first.
3. To add a Price to the add-on, include it after the option with the amount in brackets [ ]. You do not need to include a dollar sign.
4. If you want to allow your customers to select more than one of the same item, then add a separate line for each option with the total price for that option, e.g. 1 tube = $50, 2 tubes = $100. See example above.
5. Below the Options indicate whether the add-on is: charged per minute(s), hour(s) or day(s) AND per day, per person or per unit. You'll select from the drop down menu in the Price is for: field
Example: To charge per day, enter 1 in the text field and Day(s), Per reservation (or Unit).
6. Add Tax rate and display options. Note: if you do not want this add-on to show to the customer in the online booking, then set to Office use only. This will allow you to add it through the back office in Frontdesk.
7. Additional optional settings include:
1. Display Group - To instruct the system to show this Add-on on an Options page in the checkout flow, make sure this is set to Additional Requests.
2. Scope - use this for multiple booking items, set to add once or to all items booked.
3. Display rule - For Per person pricing only: you are able to indicate whether an add-on will show to the customer based on how many persons are include in the booking. For example, if you want to offer an add-on only if there are 4 more more people included in the booking, then set the Display to Persons =< 4. (Persons are equal or greater than 4).
8. Select Save at the bottom of the page once complete.
9. One final step! After setup, you'll want to assign the add-ons to your rental(s).
To do this, go to Setup - Products & Reservation Rules - select the rental to Edit. Navigate to the Customer Information page for the rental. In the Custom Fields section, choose Optional or Required. Save your changes.
Repeat these steps to assign the add-ons for your other rentals, too.